Today I am going to write up on a new wallet that I have purchased. I have been eyeing at Stella McCartney for a loooong time because its vegan and I’m against leather products (as much as I can!!)
It is difficult to find really good brands that are not leather.
1) Love Moschino – As far as I know, their bags are not leather but made in Italy. I have a couple of them but I painfully let go of them in my minimalism effects. They are NOT very sustainable. My bags peel after 2-3 years. Maybe because I have too much bags and they are not being take care of.
2) Kipling – Their bags are nylon but the trimming should be leather. I purchased one for traveling. The bag is also very light weight and comes with compartment (I love compartments!!)
3) Tom Bihn – My favourite brand but… most of the bags are not work-friendly.
4) Longchamp – Nylon + leather trim. I purchased them because I need a tote to throw around while going to work.
5) Matt & Nat – They are actually very high quality. My M&N from 2015 do not have any wear & tear at all. But I didn’t have a good experiences with the company and I read bad things about them.
I decided to purchase a wallet as it was on sale (at 40%!!!) and I received some extra cash for bonus. Hence it was within my budget. I have used Kate Spade (Gift from my sister) and Jujube (Gift from my sister again) so far. But never use them much as they were too big for my liking. And I wasn’t into these brands.. I purchase a Kipling wallet last year and it was too small! And I also ended up not using much. I just switch around between the 2 + a pouch. I threw away the KS one as part of my minimalism effects.
So I went with pink and a short one. I have never use a short flap wallet. I was thinking of getting long wallet but I would ended up finding it too large. So I decided to get a small one. And Pink… I know. I was thinking of black or navy but then I saw that the pink one is slightly cheaper and left with one last piece. So I couldn’t resist! I didn’t know if I would like a flap wallet. But I think I am getting a bit sick of having to fold my notes when using my Kipling wallet.
I was quite surprised by the outer material. It was very smooth and soft – kinda like velvet… but not exact! The inner material is very similar to the usual leather-ish.
I am happy with the real products. It look fabulous and high quality. I cannot wait to start using.
And… I am aiming for a crossbody next because it will be so useful as compare to a tote.