Yay it is time of the year again!! To get a new planner for next year! Bit too early? No its not! I like to get ahead on this because a paper planner IS VERY IMPORTANT!
What planner I am getting for next year?
Hobonichi Techo! This is my second year using this wonderful planner.
After one year of use, here’s my thoughts:
1) Its much more useful than other planner that I have tried. The format really works much much better. Some days when I am down (with sickness etc), the pages are not fill completely. But that’s okay! But I do admit I get stress sometimes trying to fill things. I keep telling myself not be stress over this.
2) I am not into decorating my hobo like mad. I know some people are very creative about. But I am into minimising my stationary stuffs + I was never a creative person in terms of drawing and decorating.
3) I love A6. I have thought of upgrading to A5 to put in planning for my work. Read online about putting everything into one planner to be more productive. But there wasn’t any nice cover (not for 2019) and I wasn’t too sure if A5 is the size that I am comfortable carrying.
4) I might get a week for work. I tried using a moleskin for work this year. It fails. arghhh. The covers for week are so nice! I wish that they have similar teddy bear cover for A6. I am not into furry stuffs + they are … made from Mohair. Not my kind of cover!
5) One thing I love about Hobonichi Techo is weight! I really love that its very light weight so I carry it with me almost everyday.
I also realised that I have not change my cover although I purchased a new one + I have 3 cover-on-cover (2 from Hobonichi, 1 from third party). So I have changed it!
Yes, its actually an third party cover and cover-on-cover from Third party seller on Taobao! It is actually okay. Fit in well and doesn’t damage the book. By now, my book isn’t in the best shape so yeah, its okay to damage it a little bit.
I love how the pattern of the cover-on-cover perfectly fits in with the cover that I have chosen!
Okay, so the lineup for next year have been revealed.
Here’s what I have in my mind:
Very Berry https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/2019/pc/detail_cover/oc19_colorsberry.html
I am a fan of certain shade of red. This happens to be one of them! Plain colour is always so good. You can mix and match with any cover-on-cover and it will look nice!
But I am looking for something more colourful this year!
Sugar Rose https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/2019/pc/detail_cover/oc19_colorsrose.html
I was known to some friends as the pink girl. I grew out of pink although I am still get pink sometimes. (As I am typing this, I have a pale pink thermal flask on my left & a bright pink hoodie on my right lol) but anyway, hey this pink shade is quite cute.
Pastel stripes https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/2019/pc/detail_cover/oc19_border.html
I love anything pastel-y! But I am not quite into stripe as much as dots which is why I choose the dots last year. But this would be a good cover. It has a bit of colour… and not too loud.
I am Doraemon
Not a huge fan of Doraemon. But its one of the many manga characters that I am quite a fan of. It would e a good buy because its unique. But then I am not too sure if I would like to use that for the whole year. haha.
I forgot when it was, but we sure had fun
I am not a cat lover but this fits in to me trying to get something more colourful this year. I really love the illustration! But, I am really not a big fan of cat.
Oh yes! Its such a fun cover. Definitely, it is one of my top choices!
The nerd in me says yes! The only thing is that they use leather bookmark. hmm.