Wow it has been so long again!!
I tried posting a few times but the post somehow seems to be stuck at “draft” like forever. But anyway, It is high time that I try to post something again….
Random stuffs that probably do not make sense to anyone but me 🙂
1) Work is fine. But I am feeling a bit stressful… But I hope it would ease up next week.
2) I (finally) cancelled my subscription to both LootCrate & GeekGear. I skipped the renewal for GG. But I am quite sure that I would cancel it eventually. I received way too much shirts & they are not useful to me as I don’t wear shirts as much nowadays! It is just wasting space in my wardrobe. Another problem with them is the quality of the items. So far, I am not very impressed with any of them. GG is generally better but I felt the value is just not quite there since I paid so much for shipping. The desire to own more HP-related merchandise was a lot less strong now. WELL, I still have not get my illustrated books. So I would probably save up for that instead 🙂
3) I am watching an old show from Hong Kong’s TVB. Really old. Like 10 years old. So from watching the show, I realise that I have forgotten the joy of going to the shopping malls to shop. The characters in the show likes to shop in a physical mall as technology wasn’t so advance back then. I have mentioned that I tends to avoid shopping malls as I didn’t want to buy things that I don’t use. And I am such a avid online shopper – I even buy my stationaries online! But as my mindset begin to change, I would be able to resist temptations to buy things that I do not need. I am able to walk through the shopping mall without buying anything! So it is no longer a “threat” to me. Now I enjoy walking shopping malls whenever I need to buy something. Perhaps It is better to feel and touch the product before buying.
4) So in the recent weeks, I have been discovering Happiness through Action for Happiness. I quite enjoy the course as it bring new perspectives to things. One particular thing that I have learned is meditation. It is something I never thought of doing or thinking about. Perhaps I would plan my time and incorporate it into my daily life!
5) I finally found an alternative to Kikki K’s 365! Despite being so in love with Kikki K’s stuffs, but I couldn’t bear to spend much there as they are very expensive. I mean I love stationaries but spend $20-$30 on a notebook is insane! So I found an cheaper alternative from Taobao (of course!). So once it arrive, I would do what I have been wanted to do…. Journaling everyday!
6) I have been trying (and unsuccessfully) to wake up early… hmm I read that it is important to do some exercise before you start your day. I have been feeling less energetic for the past couple of weeks. In fact, I have slept earlier than I usually do. I suspected that it is due to the fact that I am not as active as I should be.
Nevertheless, I have made a point to walk back home from the train station after work. So I am walking for about 15mins each day. I am happy with the achievement. But I hoping to do more.
7) My spend tracking has failed. But then, I barely spend much these days…
8) Now for my favourite topic… As always, I would try to minimise as much as I could. It works at times but it doesn’t work at times. Of course, I always train myself to differentiate with “need” and “want”. Ultimately, it is only things that I need should be purchased. But then it isn’t an easy tasks since buying things online is so easy 😦 I am also actively clearing my wardrobes… so if there is any thing that I no longer want, I would throw away. And I really need to keep an wishlist!
9) How can I forget to mention this!!! Downton Abbey Exhibition!!! Yes I am such a big fan!!! I purchased the tickets on the first day when it has started selling… I am going next Monday!! I am super excited (of course)…. 😀