I have been busy binge rewatching the HP movies! So my dad finally set up the blu ray player for me. So I started binge watching on Thursday after I came back from work. It took me one and half day. I am not a super fan of the movie. (You can’t be if you love the books). But yeah, its great to watch! I love most of the casting.
Maybe it’s psychological thing or what. But the screen resolution do seems better after I use the blu ray player. There is talk of 4K UHD set coming out. But my tv can’t play them so it’s useless to splurge on that kind of money.
My Hufflepuff rug from Thinkgeek has arrived!
(It’s still all wrapped up cos my mum say she will find time to put this up with me) I was writing this and she say lets put it up.
I think it’s super worth it. Although it’s 100% polyester (My current rug is 100% cotton..) and Made in China, but you cannot find this anywhere else. The “feel” of it is definitely different – it’s not soft but scratchy!
I wanted to use it to cover my cabinet instead but it’s obviously too big seeing the real thing lol
But I believe this would be a super awesome decoration!
On a side note, their shipping is really much slower these few days as they are moving warehouse. It’s stated on their website. I wish they would ship the Newt’s scarf I ordered quickly!
Talking about decoration etc, I am going to redecorate my room. I have been looking at the HP-inspired rooms over pinterest, they are so beautiful!
Here’s some thoughts:
– The first obvious thing to do is to continue to get rid of more stuffs. Yup, I still have too many of everything. I really need to get rid of them! But I cannot be getting rid of them tooooo fast. I always wanted to just chuck some stuffs. But these are really good stuffs that can still be used. So I think it would take some times.
– Of course essentially, I have to stop buying so much stuffs. I know, I have been trying for so longggg. Now I think I am much more determined. Minimalism all the way!!!
– Wallpaper. My current walls are in pastel blue. It’s good if I am in Ravenclaw? lol. But I want it to be either bright yellow, maroon (Ya! I always love maroon but I am in Hufflepuff but who cares!) or vintage patterns like stone or sand? For DIY, it would be cheaper but I don’t know if I have the patience or talent for such project. I could DIY an area first. For e.g. the wall in front of my table. Otherwise, I can ask a contractor to do it for me. It would be good as it would be a complete makeover. But I think it’s not going to be cheap. And furthermore, my walls are still okay. They have been repainted 3-4 years ago. They still look ok. Such a waste of money. Otherwise I could keep it the same way. I was thining of going for an nautical theme previous year. So perhaps it could be a mixture of both theme. Then the pastel blue walls fit in 😀
– I have 2 cupboards, 1 cabinets, 1 kiddish (I am not kidding. It’s plastic and in pastel pink!) shelf. The kiddish looking shelf have to move somewhere obviously. Ok, my mum bought it for me. Not that I don’t appreciate it. But it’s super odd. The stuffs on the shelf are things like makeup, facial products… these are the stuffs which I wanted to get rid of (Yes, those memebox days….)! The rest of the things like tissue box can be moved somewhere. The other cupboards and cabinets are fine as they are in brown. Well, my wardrobe are in black/brown so it make sense to keep to this colour scheme. Brown is kinda like fitting with the HP theme. But I probably try to paste some pattern on it or something!
– As for the contents, I need to get rid of some books, textbooks (NOT from Hogwarts :P), some stationary (I was way too obsessed with stationaries :P) and less clothes, bags and shoes. Minimalism! Its so hard. But I got to do it!
– Picture frame! I never thought of hanging anything. But picture frame are very important in the wizarding world lol. Of course my picture don’t move. But I am going to hang a couple of it! I always like the view of hogwarts at night. It would be wonderful to display it.