I like it how I always ended up with same conclusion!
So today I have an off day as we somewhat need to finish our vacation leaves within the next month or so. And I still have a few to clear.
I didn’t make any particular plan as I really did want to rest… at home. Like what I mentioned previously, I haven’t been really working. So I thought I could really start working on some things today….
But of course I somehow feel the temptation… to visit the shopping malls. I am trying to avoid shopping malls as much as I can. Because I don’t want to shop. I no longer like shopping. I should and will shop for only things I needed. I cannot say I am 100% complied to this yet. But I am working! Ironically, shopping can now be accomplished in the comfort of my home. But point is… I am trying to avoid as much as I can! This has been happening very often since I start “minimalism”.
So I start debating with my brain. Go > No > Go > No > Go….. No! It always ended up with a No. And I love it!
1) I don’t want to shop. I can always shop online if I
want need to! It is much faster. I may still get distracted and ended up looking at some other things. But I can easily “return” to what I need to be focusing on!
2) I am only shopping for things I need. If there is something I need, I write down in my list and go straight to the store (e.g. a supermarket for grocery) and buy and left. No lingering!
3) I am working hard to establish a system where I only shop for things when it really is going to run out so I won’t waste space. Going to the mall somehow will break such system. I would see things I like, tempted and buy. Not only I get things I do not need, I would also waste space.
4) I am lazy to travel! We are well-connected with the public transport system. Probably one of the best in the world. We are small too, so it is easy to get from Point A to Point B. But I just don’t like traveling with public transport. We don’t have car.
5) It is too hot! Great excuse? 🙂
Of course I will still go to the mall when I need coffee! As much as I love my 3-in-1 coffee but I get sick of it occasionally. I do have a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine but unfortunately it is something I have not enjoy.